Painter, graphic artist. Between 1941 and 1944 he was a student of Gyula Rudnay at the College of Fine Arts, then he graduated from the Derkovits College in 1946. Between 1947 and 1953 he was the director of the folk college in Dombóvár and Budapest. From 1960, he taught at the College of Fine Arts for more than twenty years. He went on study trips to several European countries. He has been exhibiting regularly since 1950, in addition to several solo appearances (Budapest, Szombathely) he has participated in group exhibitions at home and abroad (Venice Biennale, Paris). He was happy to paint still lifes, but he was also interested in mural genres. He has received several awards for his work, was a Derkovits Scholar, a two-time Munkácsy Prize winner, and received awards abroad. His works can be found in the National Gallery, the Capital Gallery, Miskolc and Szekszárd.